Leica Sofort First Impressions
I took advantage of a sweet eBay deal and bought myself an orange Leica Sofort. That means two things: I'm crazy and I'm now a Leica owner.
- The Leica Sofort is very similar to the Instax Mini 90 but is not an exact copy.
- The Leica Automatik-Hektor lens is sharp but not much sharper than the lens on the Mini 90.
- The ability to select the focus by twisting the lens is really useful and the results are similar to Landscape mode on other Instax cameras.
- There are some usability improvements that immediately make the Leica Sofort superior to other Instax cameras.
- The camera is made out of semi-premium plastic but doesn't feel as naughtily enjoyable to touch as the black Instax Mini 8.
- I don't know why any Instax camera has a macro mode but the macro mode on the Leica Sofort is good fun.
Leica Sofort Tips
- Always turn off the flash.
- Don't spend money on Leica branded film.
- Don't worry about dropping it because I dropped mine into a river and it was fine.