Got my liquids - My first B&W film development

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Got my liquids - My first B&W film development

Wish me luck! this is my first B&W development.

T-max 100 & 400

I read that Photo-Flo is not needed with TF-4. Is that correct?

All recommendations and advice are truly welcome!

http://www.mindthemix.com/film/BW_development.jpg

No votes yet

Re: Got my liquids - My first B&W film development

Good luck! Post some of the results and any questions you might have! We love to help!

Any results you care to share? I'm debating on whether to develop my own B&W film at home, my only fear is that it'll never be as good as the lab, but then again, I may try and it could be better then the lab, ha!

Any advice you for someone who is looking to develop at home?

It is pretty easy to develop b/w film at home. The key to good results from home developing is to pick a method and stay with it. I'd recommend starting with rodinal or other common developer and a film 400 speed film. Freestyle sells a basic developing kit that has almost anything you might need. What specific questions do you have?

I don't have any questions just yet. I'm right at the point of where I'm on the fence. I've been doing a ton of research and seems pretty straight forward. Appreciate the advice about keeping it consistent with sticking to common developer and film speed. I only shoot with Kodak Tri-X 400 and push the film 2 stops at the lab.

I guess the only thing now is to actually give it a try. I will ping ya with any questions though.

Good Luck. that's remind me my first time :)